Oct 31, 2006

Roof at entry 99% done

With only soffit painting left, the front project is 99% complete. Actually, there's also the cafe-style swing gate at the brick that I want to do, but that would have to come after the little concrete ramp that I also want to do, which must follow the front door replacement because of the sill condition, and it's now too late in the season to start another outdoors project.

It has taken me six months. Total cost, not counting the surveillance system or the payout loss to the fake roofer, but including all permits, material, labor, new tools, and the planter area, is nearly $8,000. In complexity and effort, it has exceeded my ceiling project of three years ago (but not counting the bow window or the office furniture in that one).

Compare photo above to my original design drawing (animation).

No comments: