Nov 21, 2005

Making way for flatpanel

My TV died. So I went ahead and got new equipment even though I wasn't ready to remodel the family room where it'll go. It'll be pretty messy once things get started, but I suppose I can move everything into another room when the time comes.

First I had to sell my old entertainment center. Cabinets like this will soon be totally obsolete -- the TV bay doesn't fit today's widescreens, and FCC have established a deadline for final transition to HDTV by 2008. It's such a relief to have found a buyer willing to pay $140! Good riddance with cashback!

I got a flatpanel -- for versatility. They don't take up much space. Prices have dropped, too. The other high-end option was projector, but that would require considerable compromise to room decor for a screen and the projector location. A flatpanel is so hip.

No comments: