Jun 10, 2008

PG&E connects!

They finally came out and did their disconnect/ reconnect.

But not by following their own procedures...














My DIY splice at the neutral wire in September (necessary for removal of the old weatherhead to close off the roof before the rainy season), was actually faulty or became corroded over a few months. It caused intermittent voltage fluctuations. I reported the problem in March as if I didn't know what was going on.

PG&E comes out for "usual" problems like this upon a couple of months notice (instead of no action over 19 months of submitting an application for the 200A service upgrade -- click on photo to backtrack). They decided to replace my 2/0 wires with 4/0. Perfect. No need to press them on the status of my application!

What a hoot.

No comments: